Monday, August 12, 2013

The Shabby Tea Room - Week 179: Vegetable Garden


Hello there! I'm back for The Shabby Tea Room Week 179. If you've only just checked in now, I'm the lucky month long guest designer over at The Shabby Tea Room! I hope you join us this week! 


This week's theme is Vegetable Garden. I was really lucky because I had just added the Vegetable Garden stamp set from PTI a week or two before I received the inspiration photos. This was a bit of a challenge for me though. But then, this is a card challenge after all! So grab your vegetable stamps and take the challenge! :)


I grabbed my Vegetable Garden stamp set and started by creating a background patterned paper. I didn't stop there though. I wanted to make the images glossy. So after stamping the images, I heat set them and then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. 


The only thing I didn't like about embossing the images were that they darkened after the embossing. So if you're going to try this, make sure to use lighter shades of ink if you don't want your images too dark.

There you go! Are you ready to take this challenge?  Please join us over at The Shabby Tea Room! Don't forget to head on over to the other DT ladies' blogs for more inspiration! Thank's for stopping by today! I'll see you again soon! :)



9 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! It looks like vintage paper. The two tone green coloring is so striking. I love how you used the darker on the background and the lighter for the die cut center. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling card. I actually used that seed pack stamp set yesterday for a card.

    I really like the look of your blog now and how you are photographing your cards. Did you do your own blog design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Yes, I did make my own blog header and side dividers/flags. I didn't have the patience to look for free ones and I didn't want to spend on it either.

      Delete
  3. LOOOOOOOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the fabulous green monochrome--this is so awesome! The different greens are so striking with the layered stamping! :) HUGS and have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Jean! I love how you stamped it all in greens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AMAZING. I really, REALLY want to touch this card. Happy sigh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails