Sunday, May 26, 2013

Waltzingmouse Stamps May 2013 Release Previews - Day 1


Hi there! Didn't I tell you the blog would be busy again these next few days? :)  Welcome to Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release Previews! It's Day 1 of the release, and today we're introducing Country Labels 4.

For my first card, I made a simple card using inking. I've been enjoying using this technique these past few weeks. I heat embossed the flowers from French Country in white. Then I used dye inks to color the base of the card. I love how the white pops against the yellow and aqua inks.

 I stamped my favorite label from Country Labels 4  in black. Then I stamped it 4 more times in different colors. I hand cut each quarter then adhered it onto the black base to create this multi-colored label.














For my second card, I made a little country Thank You card. I used Chicken Wire for the background. Then Bitty Banners which I adhered over it with foam tape.

 I used glue dots to place the twine underneath the banners. I also hand cut the little bird house in the middle. The stamped border in between is from My Kind of Guy.




Ok. That's it for today. Come back again tomorrow for more previews of the Waltzingmouse Stamps May 2013 Release. There's a lot more inspiration for you in the other DT ladies' blogs. So head on over there and leave them some love! I'll see you all again tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by! :)



30 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful Jean, I love that paper pieced frame, and the pastel shades. How sweet is that tiny birdhouse?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great in the fresh and pretty colours, fab stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, I absolutely adore the inked background on your first card! The soft colors combined with the rustic feel of the label and twine are brilliant! And the fun colors and backgrounds you used on your second card are so fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean you just blew me away!! the labels look fantastic but you have created some superawesome backgrounds for these cards also - spent a good while just soaking up all the beautiful details!! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling set, Jean! I think it needs to come home with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your beautiful cards! Love the background with the white embossing and coloring - so lovely! And the paper pieced frame is adorable! And the sweet banner and birdhouse on the second card are so charming! Love the border stamp in red! That is my favorite stamp lately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jean, these are both so cute. What great backgrounds you have used on both of them, which only enhances the awesomeness of these labels! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are gorgeous! Wonderful soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are so cheery! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet colors, these designs are all precious, Jean!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um gee love!!! You made the labels shine! Since I totally {heart} banners I swooned over your banner card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the background on that first one and how you created the four quadrants. So simple and you could create a set of four so quickly and easily and loving that sweet banner in the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cards today, well always, Jean! This looks like a set I am going to want to get. Excited because I have Labels 4 already.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! I love the soft aqua and lemon on your first card and the pretty flower background. And the thank you card with that sweet banner is just super. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic use of this new set Jean!! LOVE the fun colors and how you coordinated it with other sets too! Beautiful and charming cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving these cards Jean. I'm so excited about these new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Jean, your cards are so pretty!! Love how you had the label in different colours on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both cards. On the first card, I like how you pieced the different stamped parts of the label. Adds great interest. On the second card, I like the bunting and the little birdhouse. It's cool how you made it pop. Makes them look like they are really hanging in the air over the pretty sentiment label. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That inked card is dreamy, Jean! I just love how soft it looks with the embossed white flowers. The multicolored label is so adorable. And that little banner on the second, eeek! Awesome combo of sets on that one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all your mix/combo of colors!! The emboss resist looks gorgeous!! Now the banner.... happy smile... love me some banners!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the look of the doily mixed in with the card...pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are both beyond beautiful! Love the color resist on the last one, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What sweet cards! I especially love the blue background card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both cards are adorable...love the soft shading and the pieced frame on the first one and that chicken wire and the colorful banner on the second...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous!!
    I'm lovin' that chicken wire...
    and how did you ink the different colors on the label...
    I've been trying to figure that one out!
    Both are just incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that first card so much. The colors are incredible. Love your paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG!! LOVE the FUN cards and Inspiration!! Such a GREAT JOB as usual!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails