Saturday, September 22, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 116


Hello! I'm here again! I have one final post before the week is over. It's Saturday, so Welcome to Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 116! I hope you had a chance to join us in the last challenge. If not, we have a new one this week!

This week's sketch was inspired by none other than the head mousetress! :) 

WMSC116.jpg

Since I've done several Halloween cards already, I thought I would make a Christmas card instead this week. It was great to pull out my Christmas stamp sets as I have not used them in a while.


I used Festive Foliage and Seasonal Remedies for this one. Every year I tell myself that I would start making my Christmas cards early. But every year I never do and I always end up buying cards. A card maker buying cards for Christmas! lol. 


Well, since I started this one, I might just make enough for this coming December. This is a pretty simple and clean card. I let the stamps speak for themselves. And I love this color combination! :) 


Anyway, I hope you'll be inspired to dust off you Christmas stamp sets and start making your Christmas cards early! Start with this sketch challenge! I'll see you over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! :)

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Jean - the combination of the stripes and the pinecone/pine branch is wonderful - (could you reference that stamp here, please)! And congrats on being featured in the October CARDS magazine - loved the article, especially your tip about keeping a binder of sentiments - genius!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin! I used Festive Foliage and Seasonal Remedies from Waltzingmouse Stamps. There's a link to them above. :)

      Delete
  2. SO GORGEOUS! I love the colors, too...and that label is fantastically elegant paired with the Festive Foliage set! People will be applauding your creativity right at their mailboxes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is just your first Christmas card...watch out, this years cards are going to be spectacular. Your card is so pretty, the festive foliage sprig and pinecone image is my favorite and I love the little tag for the sentiment. Very pretty card Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Christmas card Jean, those pinecones are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Jean!! LOVE your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorjuss! Love the foliage and pinecones popped on top...silver ribbon is perfect! Sentiment is fabulous....one more thing for my wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved Festive Foliage and can't believe I don't own it yet! It looks amazing on your card. Love the striped panel and soft gray ribbon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pinecones they make a beautiful Christmas card design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the clean look, and the beautiful background paper you created with the Festive Foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. One of my fave stamp sets from WMS - those boughs get me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Jean. The pine cones look fabulous! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! So clean and fresh. Those pine cones are just perfect. Absolutely fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Christmas card, Jean! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails