Saturday, May 19, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 98

Hello! Yay! Thank goodness it's the weekend. This week just seemed to be dragging on, I thought it would never end. I've been so busy this week, getting home really tired, so I haven't been up to making cards lately. I managed to squeeze this in though just to get a little break from everything. We have a new sketch over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Here it is...


Oh boy, this sketch had me running! lol! It's tricky, tricky, tricky! I'm fond of using panels on my cards, but much bigger ones. So this was a little tough. If you love a challenge...this one's for you! :) Here's what I came up with...


I sat at my desk for quite some time thinking of how I could make this sketch my own. I grabbed a panel of vintage cream cardstock and just stamped away, using Gingham & Co. After I stamped two consecutive strips, I noticed that I actually liked the 3/4 inch of clean area left at the bottom. That's when I knew that a beautiful strip of lace would be perfect to put on it. It's cheating a little...but then again, this sketch is open to interpretation. Heehee!


After the background panel was done, I decided to put together the different "pieces" of the card. I used different images from Bitty Banners, Dainty Doilies - Large Set, Fancy Phrases, Heirloom Patterns, and Nordic Spring.


All the little elements are on foam tape to give it a little "lift". That's it for me! I hope you'll join us over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! See you there! 

4 comments:

  1. I like your take on the sketch - the gingham and lace with pretty embellishments give it a very shabby chic feel! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card: such a perfect take on the sketch, and I love the colors and papers you used for it: so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl...that sketch's a doozy!!! This is wonderful!!! Love all the little different elements...brings it all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My jaw hit the floor when I saw this! I love the colors and that strip of lace. So many great details to take in - a real treat for the eyes! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails