Sunday, April 1, 2012

WPlus9 April/May 2012 Release Preview - Day 1

Hi bloggers! Welcome to Day 1 of the WPlus9 April/May 2012 Release Previews. Today we're introducing, Damask Doilies, Onsie Twosie, and Background Builders: Knit. I have two cards for today's previews, so let's get started!


For my first card, I'm using Onsie Two-sie . It's a super cute baby set. We can all use new baby sets. Just lately, it seems most of our friends are having babies! So I know I'll be inking up this set a lot. 

I also used the Background Builders: Knit in this card. I can never get enough of background stamps. I often find myself building a background panel instead of just using patterned paper. So this set will be a perfect addition to my collection...as well as in yours!!! :)


I layered some WPlus9 labels and adhered my onesie over it. And YES, this set comes with dies! There are several images and sentiments to help you build your own onesie! 


I added a little bow to my panel. Then above and below my Background Builders: Knit panel, I stamped these super cute number images. (also from the set) I can see myself using them a lot. They don't have to be used just for your baby cards. 

I also die cut a banner and stamped Welcome Baby on it repeatedly. The banner die is also part of the release...but more on that later! :)


For my second card, I used the same layout but went with a more soft and shabby chic card. I used Damask Doilies and heat embossed it onto patterned paper. Then I punched out a strip of patterned paper using a Martha Stewart edger punch and layered some lace and ribbon over it.


I die cut a label and stamped my sentiment on it. Then I adhered it over the ribbon and added a flower and crocheted butterfly for embellishment. 


I stamped the smaller doilies on the right side of the label as well to balance off the flower, ribbon and butterfly. 


I hope you enjoyed that. I'll be back for Day 2 of the previews tomorrow.  Don't forget to make your way to the other WPlus9 girls...they have more inspiration in store for you! 

Supplies Used:

Onsie Card




Engagement Card


11 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE the second card so GORGEOUS..love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two amazing cards, Jean! My favorite is your baby boy card--such a perfect color combo and fabulous combination of elements. I can't wait to see more of this release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous!! Love the colors of the baby card, and just how beautiful the second on is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are wonderful!!! Love the reds/blues in the first with the number bg and the seond is just elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards...the first is adorable with the blue and red. The second is so elegant with the doily stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many absolutely delicious layers, Jean! That first color combo is absolutely irresistible! And your wedding creation oozes elegance! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I am so impressed with your layering! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS for sharing!! I LOVE the FUN cards!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails