Saturday, April 21, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 94

Hi friends! Have you been to the Waltzingmouse Blog lately? Claire has a lot going on in her life right now, specially with her mom. You can read about it here. If you can, please visit her blog and leave her some love. She needs all the support she can get, specially from her wonderful blog friends. I know how great this community is first hand when my mom was sick. Let's keep her and her entire family in our prayers.

Let's get on with the challenge shall we? Welcome back to Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 94
We have another sketch from Karin this week. I'm really enjoying them. I haven't tried making any of my own. Hopefully I can get into it and contribute some of my own.


Here's how I used Karin's sketch this week. I followed it for most part, except for the background panel. I actually cut 3 strips of My Mind's Eye patterned papers and sewed them together to make the pattern. I love this color combination. I keep going back to it a lot. 


For the central strip panel, I stamped my favorite image from Heirloom Patterns and inked it with distress ink. Then I wrapped some twine around it 3 times. It was a little hard to do since this twine is a bit tough and unyielding. I managed to keep it in place though with some strips of tape in the back. I mounted it using some foam tape.


I die cut a circle piece and a doily piece for the main image. Then I stamped this ornate image from Paris Nouveau with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with some silver embossing powder. I stamped my sentiment from Fancy Phrases in the center and mounted the circle to the doily die cut with foam tape. Then I adhered them on the central strip with more foam tape.


What do you think of my card? I had a lot of fun making it. It seems my cards have been jumping from style to another these days. I hope I can pin it down to my favorite though. :) I've just been adapting to sketches and inspirational pictures lately. 

I hope you enjoyed that. The other Mischief Makers have more in store for you, so make sure to stop by their blogs. Leave them a little note, it's nice to receive them. I know because they really make my day. Thanks for stopping by today! I'll see you over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog! :)




2 comments:

  1. Love the colors and patterned paper!!! Diamond. Patter is one of my favs! Love the twine and sentiment panel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is another pretty one, I love the papers from Minds Eye that you used. The strip you stamped in the middle is just perfect for this card and so is the twine. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails