Saturday, April 28, 2012

Let's Play

Hi friends! It's finally the weekend. It seems like it took so long to get here. I just ordered some new crafty supplies and I'm excitedly waiting for them to arrive. As you know my mojo has been running on low for a few days now. The trip to AC Moore helped, but now it's time for my monthly one time - big time order to arrive. Do you do that too? I like to order my stuff from one place if I can help it...hence the one time-big time order. 

While I'm waiting...I had enough mojo to make a new card. This one is for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 95. It's from our talented friend Karin and it's perfect for what I love to do the most...layering! Here's Karin's sketch for this week.



Here's my project for this week. I was looking at the sketch and had an idea for the top portion of the card. Instead of having an entire strip of a different patterned paper over the main panel, I heat embossed this...

It's actually one corner of an image from Florentine Frippery. It's my favorite set from the last release. I inked a corner of the image and stamped it repeatedly to make it look like a "banner" on the top portion of my main panel.


I die cut a tag and adhered a strip of My Mind's Eye patterned paper on it and stamped a border on top and bottom of the patterned paper strip. Then I inked the edges and tied some light blue twine through it.

I also stamped and hand cut this label from Florentine Frippery and added my sentiment from Fancy Phrases.


For my embellishments, I stamped this cameo from Cameo to Go and hand cut it as well. Then I added some fabric flowers and tucked them under the label. I topped them off with this glittered star. I also thought that since the right side was a little full of embellishments, the left side looked unbalanced. So added the little gems from Bazzill to even things out.


I hope you've enjoyed my card for this week. I would love to see your take on our sketch this week. Please come and play with the Mischief Makers over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. See you there!

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Jean! I think I've run out of things to say about your gorgeous cards--they are always so perfectly layered and detailed! I can't wait to hear what you got in your big crafty order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, shopping trip! That always gets me going too. I have several suppliers I order from as I'm in Canada. Good shipping prices is a must for me! This is so beautiful...love when you use your fav WMS stamps...your passion shines through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifull layered elements on this gorgeous card Jean, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully inked up card, love the white embossing you did at the top of the card. Love the way your card came together, with all the lovely layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Jean! Love the colors you used, the cameo and the shiny star!! I'm your new follower!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails