Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Craft's Meow April 2012 Release Previews - Day 1

Hello! It's our favorite time of the month over at The Craft's Meow. Today is Day 1 of The Craft's Meow April 2012 Release Previews. I'm sure the sneak peeks were titillating, but there's nothing like seeing the stamps put to actual use! And we're going to be doing that for the next few days. So hang on to your seats, let's get started with our previews! 

Today we're introducing Nature's Beauty from Michelle Bertuzzi and Travel Time from Kaitlyn Ord. We also have guest designers joining us this April, please help us welcome Gini Cagle and Geri Freeman



First up is my Travel Time card. I leaned towards a more masculine card for this stamp set. I die cut a label and stamped my plane image on it. Then I also added a sentiment and postal signs to add some color to the design. 


I inked the edges of the label since it was blending in with the background panel. Don't you just love the vintage, distressed look of the sentiment?


For the background panel, I stamped this chevron image from a different stamp set that's also coming out this month. We'll get to that later on this week. After I stamped it and inked the edges, I ran it through my Cuttlebug and dry embossed it. The bottom felt empty to me, so I stamped another sentiment on it.


For me second card, I used Nature's Beauty by Michelle Bertuzzi. I also used a sketch image from Mojo Monday 235, although I never got to submit it. lol. But here's the sketch.


I layered on some My Mind's Eye patterned papers for my background panel. Then I stamped an image from the set and heat embossed it. Once it dried, I ran a distress ink blending tool over it to give it some color. The image popped out as soon as I added the ink. I kept the colors soft and feminine for this card.


For my sentiment, I die cut this circle and layered it with a coordinating scalloped circle. I stamped another image from the set on it and added the sentiment. I also inked the edges with some distress ink. 

I zigzag stitched the main image panel over the background patterned papers. I also added a strip of lace I got from M&J Trimming on the bottom.


That's all I have for today. I'll see you again tomorrow for more previews. In the meantime, please head on over to the other TCM DT girls and our guest designers, they have more to show you. Make sure to leave them some love! Thanks for visiting today! :)


Supplies Used:




13 comments:

  1. gorgeous...love them both...the embossing in the 2nd card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous cards! I love this pretty floral stamp and the colours are fab too!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Travel Time card! So bold with those pops of red and the trendy post mark that's stamped across the the focal point and the background!
    You've really shown how beautiful Nature's Beauty is on your second card as well! Gorgeous combo of elements!
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean your cards are always so lovely—these are no exception! Love the colors and textures on the first card and the second is sooooo beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic flower card & the travel card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I just love that first one. The embossing on the background - and that chevron is fabulous BTW - adds such great texture and interest. Love the lace 'skirt' on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cards! You did a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards..LOVE the first one..super!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, Jean! I love the bold look of the first one (love the zig zag sneak!) and the soft colors of the second are just gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you BE any more creative...I already know the answer to that because I know what's to come ; ) Beautiful work as always, Jean : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWO!! =) I LOVE your creations!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are so nice, Jean! I love, love, LOVE the colors and layout on that first one, and the second if full of all those pretty details you do so well! Love 'em both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ADORE YOUR WORK. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails