Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Craft's Meow April 2012 Release Preview: Day 3

***This is my second post for the day, please scroll down for CASE Study Challenge.***

Hello again! And welcome back to The Craft's Meow April 2012 Release Previews Day 3. We are almost to the end of our previews and soon you'll be able to see the full reveal. Yay! Today we're introducing Vintage Rides from Nina Brackett and Owl Journaling from Jenny Suchin

Let's start with Vintage Rides from Nina Brackett. Here's my first project for today. Let me just say that this set is sooo fun! And if you're into coloring, then you will really enjoy this set! It has a lot of images in it as well as cute sentiments. I couldn't decide which one to use on my card because they were ALL so cute! In the end, I went with this plane image which I colored with my Copic markers.

I layered the plane over a PTI label and pinking circle. Then I adhered the banner with my sentiment at the end of the plane. 


I also outlined the plane with a gray Copic marker because I didn't want the whites to be seen around the image. It seemed to blend better with the gray. This would be really great for a boy party! Or a baby shower! I wish I was good at making 3D projects. This set would be absolutely perfect for it! Hmm...maybe I will try to make something... :) Will keep you posted on that one! :)


Next up is Owl Journaling by Jenny Suchin. For those of you who love to scrapbook and journal, this set is for you. It's as cute as a button! I don't scrapbook anymore, so I made a card with it instead.

I stamped the banner image several times on patterned paper and hand cut them. I placed them on the top part of the card to make a banner, then I placed a die cut strip of felt stars over the banners. 


I stamped an owl image onto vintage cream cardstock and also on patterned paper. I put some glitter on the wings then layered the patterned paper owl over it. I stamped it one more time and cut out the eyes and beak and layered it over the patterned paper. 



 That's it for me. If you're done here, please make sure you stop by the TCM girls' and leave them some love. Lisa has stuff to give away at The Craft's Meow Store Blog, so make sure to hop on over there! I'll see you again tomorrow for more previews. 



7 comments:

  1. Wowsers! I'm blown away by both your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fun! I love all the dies/layers and the papers on the first card, and love the sparkly wings on the owl on the second. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby card, Jean! I love your paper piecing on the second one - cool!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute cards. LOve the bright deep colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, love the color combos on both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green is a great boy color for the baby card! I love the plane with it's banner and the tickets along the bottom are so sweet! The banners on the top of the second card are great, especially with the strip of stars along it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails