Saturday, March 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 89

Hello! I finally got my new Waltzingmouse stamp sets! They are sooo beautiful! I've just been so busy at work, and coming home late and tired that I haven't had much time to make more cards. Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge was a perfect excuse for me to get inky.  Stamping always relaxes me. So it was really nice to be able to make my card for this week's challenge after being so tired from work. Here's our sketch for this week. Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 89.


I loved how the WMS DT used the Florentine Frippery during the release. I wanted to try to recreate the same flower using this stamp. The background was stamped using Heirloom Patterns. It came out really nicely.


I used a scoring tool to soften the "petals" of my flower. Then I used a bone folder to curl them downwards. I wish I had this color in chalk ink...I can see the rough spots created by the dye ink. Chalk ink is my favorite ink because it stamps very smoothly.


I also stamped some flourishes that are flanking the flower. The image is from Paris Nouveau. And the sentiment is from Join Us.


I hope you enjoyed the card. I had a great time browsing through the submissions from last week. It was sooo hard to choose a favorite! I hope you'll be able to join us this week. Please head on over to the other Mischief Makers for more inspiration for this week's sketch. I'll see you at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies Used:

2 comments:

  1. Jean, the colors of your card are gorgeous! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...you have used these sets fabulously!!!! Love all the TCM previews too!"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails