Monday, August 16, 2010

TESC #124

Hi  peeps! What a busy Monday it has been, I just wanted to relax when I got home. And card making is always relaxing. :) Tonight I made a card for the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge. For some reason, I see this sketch a lot...or maybe I'm just really tired and I'm imagining it. Well, so far, I don't think I've ever made something with this kind of sketch. I thought I'd try it out tonight. 


I've always been an admirer of people who can do vintage and shabby chic cards. I've tried to make some of my own, but it's never what I want it to look like in the end. I'll still keep trying though!!! Here's my shabby chic/ vintage card...ok so not so shabby chic and not so vintage...just a little? :P Here's the sketch for Taylored Expression Sketch Challenge #124.





I used a flower from 5th Ave. Florals (SU) and colored it with Aqua Mist ink (PTI) and my Dove blender. Then I brushed the edges with Tea Dye Distressed Ink to make it look a little "vintage". Behind that I used several stamps on the pink polka dot patterned paper. I might have used to much because now it doesn't appear pink to me at all!!! I seriously have to get a better camera. I took so many pictures of it and it always comes out yellow! I tried to fix it on Photoshop, but there's only so much I can do with it.


Well, I still think it came out nicely. Hopefully, a little shabby chic...a little vintage! ;)
Have a great week!


Supplies:
Cardstock - vintage cream (PTI), white (Paper Company)
Patterned Paper - Lush (My Mind's Eye), Ancestral Bird Brocade (TPC Studios)
Stamps - Text Style, Simply Stationery, Violets (PTI), 5th Ave. Florals (SU), Travel Journey (TPC Studios)
Others - ribbon (Offray), edge punch (Martha Stewart)

4 comments:

  1. Great! I can reassure you, it is VERY shabby chic and VERY vintage!!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean! Thanks for participating in the TESC124 sketch challenge! Your card is gorgeous and I selected it as one of our Top Crops this week! You can check out the announcement here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/08/tesc124-top-crops-santa-came.html

    Here's a link to the Top Crops badge if you'd like to display it on your blog:

    http://sites.google.com/site/tayloredexpressionsimages/images/TopCropsbadge.png

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Top Crop pick! It is well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being named a TESC Top Crop! This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails