Saturday, August 14, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge: Quirky - Cutesy - Clean Style

Hi peeps! Embellish Magazine has another challenge this week. This is one of my favorite challenges and I always have to try to join it. I love, love, love this week's color combination. It's sooo soft and subtle. I was going through one of my favorite blogs and I read in a comment that this color reminded her of Sarah Martina, I totally agree!!! This is just her color combination. I thought that was really cute.


Anyway, my order from PTI just arrived today, and of course I had to ink them up right away! I must admit I struggled a little with the Little Argyle stamp set. For some reason I couldn't make the right placement. And I was a bit disappointed that the Aqua Mist ink wasn't so visible on the kraft cardstock. I inked it until it was absolutely juicy...but it didn't help much...hopefully it's visible in the background though. And I used a patterned paper from October Afternoon again. I am just so addicted to this paper. I love using it! And you know me, I love to use my favorites for the month. Hope you don't mind! :)


So, this week's challenge is quirky - cutesy - clean. And this challenge has such a wonderful sponsor! Lawn Fawn! I must admit I have always wanted to get my hands on some of their stamp sets. I just haven't gotten around to doing so. It looks like I just might have to now! :) 


Anyway, without further ado...here's Embellish Magazine's Color Challenge: Quirky - Cutesy - Clean Style.









Supplies:
Cardstock - kraft, vintage cream, aqua mist, berry sorbet (PTI)
Patterned Paper - thrift shop (October Afternoon)
Stamps - warm happiness, tea for two, fillable frames #1, little argyle (PTI)
Ink - aqua mist (PTI), black (Memories), Versamark Ink
Others - fillable frames #1 die (PTI), button (PTI)

9 comments:

  1. I totally love the design of this card! Such a great combination of stamp sets, and I think the argyle looks great! As far as the ink goes, I don't have the Aqua Mist but I've had this issue with other inks. Do you stamp directly onto a hard surface? I started putting my cardstock down onto a piece of craft foam before stamping, and the cushioning seems to help the stamp make better contact with the paper and I get a cleaner image, especially with larger stamps. You might already do this, but it's just a thought! Either way, you did a fab job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool get well card! Great sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally LOVE this card!!! That background is amazing!!! AMAZING!!! ANd those mugs with the greeting, mate this is super duper awesome!! WOW!!!
    Smiles SHArnee :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great masculine card..and lovely color combo too...never made a manly card with this pretty colors must try it one day....very creative card...Love this.I just joining the embellish color challenge too and my card is number 28, would you mind to see my Blog?Many thanks before :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and I LOVE your argyle background. I think the Aqua Mist looks great. I've never even had that much luck with mine.

    Thanks for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great design! I love the argyle, the layering of the dp, frame and sentiment with button!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my all time favorite PTI sets! And your card is SOOO cute! Thanks for playing along with Embellish! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails